Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Birthday invite & 1 year pictures

So I've debating on whether or not to post this because I wanted to wait until these were handed out…  But I love how these invitations turned out so here it is!  Also I wanted to show you guys how easy it was.

First off, a BIG thank you to Alanna from Toronto Mama for this blog: Easy DIY Invitations Using PicMonkey.  I already used PicMonkey to make collages and stuff.  I love it!  Its super user friendly and free!  So when she posted that blog on how to make your own invite using the site, well challenge accepted!  ;)  And here is what I came up with a couple hours later (because I am no expert graphic artist!).  Basically I looked up some invites and gathered some ideas and made it my own.




My husband usually makes our invites because he IS an expert graphic artist, but doesn't always have the time.  Believe me when I say, if I can do it, you can do it!!  He was super proud of me and I was like a peacock fluffing out my tail feathers when he told me it looks great!  As you can guess, we are doing Sock Monkey theme!  I'll definitely be posting the pictures of the birthday party!  But for now, here are a few of the pictures I took for the invite and also just cause he is turning 1.  I can't believe how big our little monkey is…







Also, if you're tight on a budget or just too lazy to go to the store like me (also possibly because I'm cheap)… that number 1 he's holding I made while he was napping.  I took some cardboard, drew a 1, cut it out and painted it white.  Voila!  No money spent and super easy!  I mean it does the job.  If you prefer a fancier, thicker 1 any craft store has them.

3 comments:

  1. the invites turned out really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, he is just so handsome! The pictures turned out great and the invite is SO adorable! You did a wonderful job!
    Hope you make wwww next week - love seeing you and your boys there! Feel better.

    ReplyDelete