Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall Pumpkin Pie Croissants

Capture


The other day I posted on facebook that I wanted to make something pumpkin'ish and the suggestions started pouring in!  The one that won in my eyes was a recipe for Mini Fall Pumpkin Pie Croissants.  If there are 2 foods I love its pumpkin pie and croissants!  And this was the best of both worlds!  Here is the blog recipe that was recommended to me: Mini Fall Pumpking Pie Croissants

4 oz. (1/2 block) of softened cream cheese
1 cup of canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1-2 T pumpkin pie spice (adjust to taste)
3-4 T sugar (granulated or powdered: adjust to taste if you want the filling sweeter)

Beat the above ingredients together until fluffy and creamy and spread about one teaspoon of filling over each triangle of dough. Mix together 4 T sugar and 1 T pumpkin pie spice and roll each pumpkin pie croissant in it! Bake at 375 degrees for about 13-15minutes (this time is for on a baking stone) —-you want them to be lightly browned and the dough baked through.

And here is what I did. :)



So the recipe called for 2 tubes of 8 croissants and to cut them in half for 32 mini's.  I didn't want anything mini.  I wanted a full size croissant, so I did that.  Also I only bought 1 tube of croissants just in case there was a small chance I didn't like them, but then I wished I bought 2 tubes cause I LOVED them!  Please excuse my sugar, ha!  I ran out and used the canister we use for coffee, but it only called for a few Tbsp so I was good! 



After I tasted the creamed ingredients I felt like it as missing something so I added a ½ tspn of each: vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Then it was perfect (to me)! 


Since I was doing the regular sized croissants I added a good Tbsp of the delicious filling!


 
Filled, rolled, and ready to bake!
 
 
It was SO good, SO easy, and a hit with the family!!  The trifecta!  Happy baking people! 


1 comment:

  1. Um. I am officially drooling - just when I thought there wasn't anything better than a homemade croissant you throw in the pumpkin twist. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete